[Coco] Have no idea what to call it, but, it WAS New tool: WIRED

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Wed Dec 5 19:34:55 EST 2012

Bill Pierce wrote:

> didn't realize that it went back to hi speed. that should be changed to only happen during i/o. Some sort of speed flag... resume default speed or something.
>
> @Robert Gault.. could this be done?
>
> Bill P

It is possible but not very practical. A low byte of RAM would need to be a
global speed flag as there is with NitrOS-9 Level2. DW HDBDOS would to preset
the flag to indicate the default .895MHz. DW HDBDOS would need to adjust the
clock speed after any bitbangger I/O to the flag setting.

The gotcha here is that a user can POKE the fast/slow bytes and ignore the flag.
There is no way to force a user to honor such a flag.