[Coco] Have no idea what to call it, but, it WAS New tool: WIRED

Brian Blake random.rodder at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 10:13:02 EST 2012

On 12/4/2012 5:28 PM, Luis Antoniosi wrote:
> >From the DISK BASIC, what is the benefit of accessing TC^3, DW,
> superIDE and floppy at the same time ? To copy from one to another ?
> What else could you do beside this ?

Luis,

To expand more on the response I sent from my phone - you have to get
files to your SuperIDE or DrivePak, or whatever device somehow. For many
it's been DriveWire; for others it's been CoCoNet.

If you just won a rare game or utility from an eBay auction, chances are
you'll want to either make an image of it or for backup or copy it to
your SuperIDE. Copying to the SuperIDE is easy. I assume your WIRED
program has made it easier to create an image on a PC by copying that
disk image from the SuperIDE to the PC using WIRED & DriveWire - but
extra steps are involved in the process. If the capability were in place
for the OS to detect attached storage media from the start the whole
process would be easier.

Maybe I'm looking at all of this the wrong way. Is there a way to look
at a SuperIDE storage device (CF card or hard drive) and manage the
content of RS-DOS and NitrOS-9 partitions? I know Tim Franklin write
CoCoPak to help manage the image stored on the DrivePak's SD card, which
works really well for managing that device.

Brian