[Coco] Have no idea what to call it, but, it WAS New tool: WIRED

Brian Blake random.rodder at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 17:21:19 EST 2012

On 12/4/2012 4:54 PM, Luis Antoniosi wrote:
> Just a word here: SuperIDE supports 4 ram banks and can be switched by
> software.
>
> But I don't see many benefit from having multiple device support for
> disk basic.

Not sure I understand what you're trying to say, Luis. The SuperIDE has
four selectable Flash RAM  banks for loading an OS or ROM image of your
choice.
Are you saying you don't see a benefit to having access to real floppy
equipment, DriveWire and the SuperIDE all at the same time without
having to boot to a different OS?

> If there is one thing I would like to work is to give disk
> emulation on hdbdos, with support for disk switching (talking about a
> keyboard interrupt maybe ?). For example there are many disk basic
> games that don't run on superIDE, drivePak, etc.

Someone smarter than I am can chime in on this, but, I don't think
there's a software solution for this. Some programmers wrote their own
disk access routines instead of using standard RS-DOS routines (ex.:
DSKCON). I believe that's where most of the problems with some of the
multi-disk games are problematic.

Brian