[Coco] Dungeons of Daggorath disk version

Charlie chazbeenhad at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 4 16:17:32 EST 2012

Tested with a coco3, HDB-DOS from a rom.
The game works but is not really playable because of the highspeed.

This is my problem with HDB-DOS and DW on the coco3.
I wish there was a gamers version. It would go to high speed for IO but then
back to normal speed.
Or maybe detect the speed before access , high speed for access, if it was
normal before access switch back normal.
Something like that... what do I know?

I should have rom versions for my coco1 and coco2 very soon. So at least I
can play from DW on those machines.

Still, I'd like to see the game patched to work from either ram or rom. I
know many people load DW from tape or disk.
I normally load from disk on my coco3 because I do not want the high speed
as a default. So I stay with the default system rom since I still use
floppies a lot.

Like I said before DoD is a famous game for the coco, would make it a lot
easier to get in to for many people.

That's my suggestion. Thanks for listening. :-)

Charlie