[Coco] Fake colors on S-Video

Retro Canada retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 00:21:22 EDT 2012

First: Hi, lemme introduce myself, my name is Felipe.

I'm new here. I had a coco2 clone back in the 80's and recently I bought a
coco3 from a thrifty store and now I'm back on coco scene.

I bought the Hawksoft's s-video converter which is great but as RGB output
it kills the fake NTSC colors for PMODE4 games, Well, I managed to get some
back. So I'm faking the fake colors :P

I did a dirty experiment where I got the luma signal from the s-video
adapter and as chroma signal I used the coco3's composite output

Here are the results:

http://t.co/G79UKmwY
http://t.co/8T55kEsy
http://t.co/EMKJQhEb

comparing to the composite, i have similar but stripped colors with sharper
black pixels:

http://t.co/cpmVeJ1z
http://t.co/SMiay4wo

I think if I use a resistor like 300ohms on the composite output I'll get
better results. I need to switch the cables, so maybe I'll make a cable
with a switch button on it.

That's it.

Felipe.

--