[Coco] "6 chip 6809 board" error and Parallax Propeller.

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Fri Aug 24 08:31:07 EDT 2012

On 24 Aug 2012 at 2:09, iggybeans at comcast.net wrote:

> I can't use one of Camillus Blockx's Hitachi processors to build a
> modified version of the "6 chip 6809 board" as I would probably need a
> HD63C09 not a .HD63C09E. Can anyone point me toward a simple timing
> circuit for the "E" processor (I got rid of my data sheets years ago).

You will need a copy of the spec sheet for teh 6809E and there is a circuit in there.

Basically a dual flip flop and a hex invertor and a crystal four times the clock frequency.

What I would suggest is a clock oscillator module at 8 MHz and a 74LS74. You can also use
a dual JK Flip Flop also though a Dual D flip flop will also work. This circuit divedes by four
and also generates the quadrature phase for the E and Q Clocks.

james