[Coco] Laptop Saga, 512K Basic

Frank Swygert farna at amc-mag.com
Thu Aug 23 18:47:45 EDT 2012

See if you can find a service manual for your laptop on-line. I know that HP has a good selection on their site, at least if it's fairly recent (5-6 years or less, over that it's iffy!). If the power supply is separate from the motherboard you need to check that. Lightning usually comes in over the power lines and zaps the PS first. Sometimes the MB survives, sometimes not. Got the PS and MB on my dad's desktop, but we still swapped the PS first (after testing it).

---------------
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 06:10:48 -0400
From: "Kip Koon"<computerdoc at sc.rr.com>

I have some good news to report about my poor little laptop that got zapped
by lightning.  I found that the Secondary 1TB hard drive I was using for all
my storage of everything coco related has survived!  Whew!  I still need to
buy a new motherboard for it, but since one hard drive is good, chances are
that the other hard drive is good.

--
Frank Swygert
Editor - American Motors Cars Magazine