[Coco] Auction

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Thu Aug 23 01:15:03 EDT 2012

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Gene Heskett" <gheskett at wdtv.com>

> On Wednesday 22 August 2012 20:54:37 Bruce W. Calkins did opine:
>
> > 99% of 32k CoCo's are actually 64k.

> > Bruce W.
> >
> I would tend to concur. In probably a 3 foot stack of coco2's I have
> had,
> I never found one that wouldn't run level 1 of os9.
>
> Cheers, Gene

In a stack of Coco1's at least that high, I think I found one 32k that wouldn't boot Level One.  Not counting the ones with piggy-back upgrades from 16k (first I recall was Bill Vergona's, done with the help of the tech at the Las Vegas RSCC where I was instructor way back in early '81).

Sorry, I haven't been around much this last couple years with archaic memories and/or snide comments.  I do try to keep up.  But right now I have to decide whether or not to divest myself of all of my Coco (and other ancient Tandy gear) preparing to move from New Jersey to New Hampshire, where operating a truck selling chili all over the state will be somewhat more than a full time job, leaving little time for hobbies.

Lost La Esposa a couple months back, her ashes have been scattered from just below the summit of Mount Washington facing the rest of the Presidential Range of the White Mountains.  Once I sell this house, it's out of Jersey for good.  But I probably won't be getting as big a place up in New Hampshire and the computer collection takes a lot of space.

Dennis met Lisa a few years back at a concert of his over in Manhattan.  They seemed to get along.

Sorry to be a bummer.  This just materializes at random intervals.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd at comcast.net

<home.comcast.net/~wdg3rd>

God does not play dice with the universe: He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players [i.e. everybody], to being involved in an obscure and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who _smiles all the time_.
    -- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)