[Coco] Virtual Program Paks

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Aug 21 19:22:50 EDT 2012

Aaron, I'm not using his actual code, as that would never work in Os9 anyway. Just using it to see how he aquired the frequencies from a 1 bit source. My actual code would be far from what Steve did as I plan to do it from both the cassette port (1-bit) & the joystick port (6-bit). I will also use the either the Hi-Rez graphics screens or the 80 column text screem where Steve used the Semi-Graphics screen... which the Coco 3 doesn't even have. In fact, there's only so much of "Audio Spectrum Analyzer" that will run on a Coco 3 before it crashes the machine. This is the very reason I would like to make a new one as the old one is useless unless run on a coco 1 or 2.

If I remember right, the main reason Steve was holding on to his stuff was due to contracts with Tandy, Sega and others. I know Sega released all writers from their contracts when the Owner/CEO passed away and they dissolved the company and give them the freedom to republish their games with other companies.
Tandy on the other hand... we won't even get into that ball of wax... but who pays them any mind anymore anyway. Just look at the archives... and your website, all the "Owner's Manuals" and a lot of the others are either copyrighted by MicroWare & published by Tandy, or just owned by Tandy alltogether.

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com