[Coco] Lester Hands Lyra Author

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Aug 20 03:53:58 EDT 2012

On Monday 20 August 2012 03:43:05 lhands at peak.org did opine:

> > On Saturday 18 August 2012 20:05:58 lhands at peak.org did opine:
> >> Bill, I'll look forward to what you have done. Self-modifying code
> >> should be a challenge to figure out, but that will make it the more
> >> interesting!

Me too Lester.  I went on to add another 4k of static ram to it, and built
the video it needed out of ttl parts, making it into a commercial
production tool that was used for at least a decade at KRCR in Redding CA.

It took the finished commercial, which was then dubbed onto a copy of a
master tape that had the cue tones for an automatic station break machine,
and replaced that dub operation which was a huge quality loss back in 3/4"
u-matic vcr days, and laid a new digital academy leader in 8.8 format and
the cue tones right on the finished tape, saving a dub generations quality
loss.  That improved our on air look and probably bought us 3 points in the
ratings book.

BTW, welcome to the list.