[Coco] [Color Computer] Help with Super IDE

winston pike cantatora at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 18 22:45:15 EDT 2012

NNNOOOOOO, never for dead. Re-seating chips is fairly easy. with a jewelers screwdriver (or an eyeglasses repair screwdriver), very gently lift each socketed chip up just a hair; just enough to break any corrosion on the pins. and push back down into the socket. If you happen to lift one all the way out, make sure to put it back in the same direction that it came out. There's plenty of sites and videos to show how to do this. Sometimes heat will cause the chips to lift out by themselves. Just push them back in.

Winston

From: jim_gerrie <jimgerrie at ns.sympatico.ca>

Gave the contacts a good cleaning with a white eraser (they look gold and prety clean).  Didn't change anything.  I don't have the skills to check or re-seat chips.  I think I just have to give it for dead:(