[Coco] Lester Hands Lyra Author

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sat Aug 18 20:09:29 EDT 2012

On Aug 18, 2012, at 7:05 PM, lhands at peak.org wrote:

> Bill, I'll look forward to what you have done. Self-modifying code should
> be a challenge to figure out, but that will make it the more interesting!

The thing about Bells & Whistles 2 that I liked was that it could do percussion and drums and stuff, yet the demo songs I heard never did any of that. I have a few experiments I did, at the time, that used percussion sounding noises along with whatever the tune was, but it was such a pain to key in stuff numerically that I never bothered to do a full song in it.

Lester, have you see this? CoCo playing Commodore 64 SID chip music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGGk5kVaXVI

And you may know about the MOD file player that was done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49uB068i3ZU

So, programs like Lyra, Musica, etc. could be nice editors for creating some really sophisticated music on the CoCo. I just don't think anyone realized it back then.

There were a few music programs for the CoCo (Sound Trax?) that I never got to see or hear in person that might have very well started doing this towards the end.

-
Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
Sent from my MacBook.