[Coco] Lester Hands Lyra Author

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sat Aug 18 10:37:12 EDT 2012

Lester Hands.. I have disassembled the ML part of BW2 and have a pretty good source built. There is a couple of spots I'm unsure of. The code is self-modifying in it's "pre-play" loop to modify the values in the actual play loop. I've been messing with trying to put these values in variables instead so that the code doesn't modify itself and also make it easier to change values on the fly. Also, there are variables that are "poked" in by basic and I've been working on isolating them to variables in the ML code.
I can send you the sources that I have and you may be able to do more than I as you worked with this type of code more than I have. It's a lot like the various Musica players that were made back then with the additions for the EQ code. I'll send you the original disassembled source as well as the one I've been modifying. I also typed in a text version of the article from Rainbow so it's easily searched for info. There's a memory map and variable table as well.

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com