[Coco] Motorola Parts Missing in ExpressPCB

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Aug 15 11:08:22 EDT 2012

On Wednesday 15 August 2012 10:58:03 T. Franklin did opine:

> Curious, I've never used Eagle but if the output is Gerber, how is
> anyone to know what package you used to create a board? To my knowledge
> the Gerber (RS-274-D) files don't contain any source identifier. And if
> it does, it can easily be removed as Gerber is simply a text file. My
> point is that a company telling a customer they can't sell any board
> created with their software is a rediculious scare tactic. (IMHO)

I tend to agree since the finished board contains nothing that would ID the
design source unless that is a quirk in a corner turn that is unique, like
the mistakes that are part of every map, and which the map maker than then
take to court as proof of a copyright violation.  Since the only thing I've
designed and built with eagle actually takes my milling machine most of a
day to mechanically etch one double sided copy of, if my time was worth $10
hour, I'd have to sell it for at least $70.  At that price, those who want
to have one would probably get it quicker by grabbing the eagle files from
my site in the sig, and sending out for boards.  But even then it would be
incomplete because I had to add a small strip of extra board on one end of
it to mount the adjustment pots for each opto units led brightness.

Eagle-6.2 however, does work well IMO.

[...]

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is
not hereditary.
		-- Thomas Paine