[Coco] How to get into CoCo 6809 assembly?

John Goodwin goodwins_highspeed at rogers.com
Sun Aug 12 02:15:19 EDT 2012

OMG!
I never would have imagined I would find people talking about coding 6809E
assembler on the web. I did tons of that, expanded the BASIC programming
language, increased the floppy drive size from 35 Granuals to 40 and up the
speed of the drives from 20 ms to 5 ms. I even had the drive lights acting like
a chaser when the drives weren't active.

A pair of good books are 6809 Assembler Unravaled. They where the entire ROM
disassembled and commented so you could find the memory locations you wanted
easily.

I still have my old COCO with it's supped up disk ROMs, expanded BASIC ROMS,
both piggy backed on switches and my old true upper/lowercase board. I still
have all 120 diskettes (Although I have nmon idea if they're still readable)
and all my program printouts, nicly tucked away in storage.

John