[Coco] Monkware OS-9 Level 3

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Aug 5 22:20:32 EDT 2012

On Aug 5, 2012, at 9:15 PM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> And any questions I've had about it have been answered by the sounds of
> Carlsbad Caverns, a huge mostly empty space.

To clarify:

There is OS-9 Level 1 (64K memory map, flat) and OS-9 Level 2 (MMU banked in blocks of memory).

The project with the resizable windows and such as called the "Level 2 Upgrade". It was still Level 2.

My memory is now foggy -- the method to break things out in to their own 64K maps may have been called Level 3 (unofficially, since it was not a Microware concept). I ran that on my OS-9 BBS and it helped out tremendously.

But now, I can't even remember who did it or any details.
-
Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
Sent from my MacBook.