[Coco] 2MB Memory Upgrade For The Coco 3

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 07:46:33 EDT 2012

On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 6:52 AM, Kip Koon <computerdoc at sc.rr.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm in the market for a 2MB Memory Upgrade board for the Coco 3.  I saw Jim
> Hathaway's 4 512KB Chip Coco3 Memory Upgrade board, but I can't find any
> links to the files he used to create the board with.  Can anyone help me
> find this project's files or one similar to it?  I'm working toward bring up
> my Coco3.  I left a message with Cloud 9 for a RGB to VGA cable, but I

Unless I am mistaken, Cloud-9 does not sell an RGB to VGA solution
(you need more than just a cable).
Maybe you were thinking of Roy Justus's VGA converter?  They work very
well but you'd need to contact Roy to acquire one.
OTOH, Cloud-9 does sell a popular 512k memory upgrade.  Going bigger
than 512k takes a lot of work and the only
practical use for the extra memory is as a RAM drive, so the upgrades
were never that popular.  Not sure if anyone makes one today.

Half of Cloud-9 is in Dallas this weekend representing the CoCo at the
Vintage computer festival SW, so that might explain the delayed
response.

-Aaron