[Coco] Reading a SuperIDE Compact Flash

Christopher Hawks chawks at dls.net
Sun Apr 29 19:10:51 EDT 2012

Christopher Hawks said the following on 04/28/2012 06:58 PM:
> John W. Linville said the following on 04/24/2012 07:08 PM:

>>> Yeah, it's a real big PITA. If I can find an hour or 2 to rub
>>> together, I'd like to add a few options to 'decb dir' and 'decb
>>> copy'. -o (specify HDBDOS offset) and -d (drive number).
>>>
>>> decb dir -o 0x52ddc -d 15 (access drive 15 after the OS9 partition).
>>
>> That interface seems good (or at least "good enough") to me! :-)
>>

> I have the HDBDOS Offset working, but, syntax is different. You need to specify
> it for each file/directory in a copy. So I added to the 'drive' specifier.
>
> Syntax is:
>
> decb dir imagefile.dsk,:drive+HDBDOSoffset
>
> decb copy /location/of/image.dsk,filename:drive+HDBDOSoffset
> /other/file/location.dsk,newname:drive+HDBDOSoffset
>
> Boisy:
>
> I need permission to commit my changes to HG. I don't think I'm a member yet.

	Changes are committed to sourceforge. Checkout the Head (tip?) and compile.
(Thanks Boisy!)

Syntax is:
decb dir imagefile.dsk,:1+0x52ddc
          imagename     :Drive+Offset(hex or decimal)
or
decb copy imagefile.dsk,filename:4+0x52ddc otherimage.dsk,newfile:250+339420

Use the HDBDOS offset that the image was created with. My copy of HDBDOS uses
0x52ddc (or 339420 decimal).

Drive number is required before HDBDOS Offset. If an offset is given, every
other 'physical sector' is skipped like HDBDOS does.

As always os9 dir -e imagefile.dsk will acces the OS9 partition at the
beginning of the image.

Works for Me! (tm)

--
Christopher R. Hawks