[Coco] Drivewire 3 cabling problem

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 29 13:01:00 EDT 2012

Ok, so I got a 10ft DB-9 extension serial cable, chopped off the male end to
replace with the CoCo 4-pin connector, but I'm not getting anything at all
on the CoCo 2 except I/O Errors..  I enabled Logging on the DriveWire 3
server, not showing anything there either.  Tried both serial ports, not
sure what's going on.  I flipped the wires in case I was reading the pins
inverted, still nothing.   Hooked CoCo 2 back up to printer and prints fine.

I'm running the CoCo Drivewire ROM via EPROM in my FD502 pak.  It says
"HBD-DOS 11.D DW3 COCO 2" after the standard copyright upon bootup.

I'm working from the files & wiring schematic I keep here..
http://www.mediafire.com/?2a0aitflana2v (For DriveWire)

I noticed on the cabling diagram I have for DriveWire, it mentions all 4
connectors being used including a "Vcc".  However, on the pinout map,
There's no indication where Pin 1 should be connected to on the PC Serial.

Can anyone please help?  Thanks.
-Chad