[Coco] Storm damage

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Apr 24 22:05:45 EDT 2012

On Tuesday, April 24, 2012 09:59:14 PM Frank Swygert did opine:

> That's what I was thinking. Unfortunately that HP is an older compact
> Pavillion. It doesn't take a standard AT size power supply. It doesn't
> look special made for the case, but you'll have to be careful to get
> one about the same dimensions or smaller. No way to make a standard one
> fit.

Never say never, I have an old 1Ghz Pavilion with a standard stock supply
in it.  Tight fit, and we had to work the back panel over with a dremel to
expand the cutouts a 1/4" here, 3/8" there etc, but its running kubuntu
10-04 LTS just fine if you have plenty of time.  With only 384 megs of ram,
its always 2-400 megs into swap & you have to call a surveyor to set stakes
to see it move.  Its about tapped out playing an internet radio station in
the garage.

> Bill, pull the power supply and check some of the surplus mail order
> places. From what I've seen though you might as well start looking at
> the Salvation Army/Goodwill for an older used computer. Most of the
> surplus power supplies are $30 or so plus $7-10 shipping.
>
> Darn bad luck!!

> Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 13:43:23 -0500
> From: camillus Blockx<camillus.b.58 at gmail.com>
>
> Most likely the power supply took the blow, replace that and I'm most
> sertain that the HP wil go again. Power supply comes in different price
> ranges, but just do not go to cheap. Also craigs list have sometimes pc
> for less then $20. No gamers but keeps you going.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
A man who keeps stealing mopeds is an obvious cycle-path.