[Coco] Reading a SuperIDE Compact Flash

Christopher Hawks chawks at dls.net
Tue Apr 24 21:28:28 EDT 2012

John W. Linville said the following on 04/24/2012 07:08 PM:
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 06:51:11PM -0500, Christopher Hawks wrote:
>> Frank Pittel said the following on 04/24/2012 04:54 PM:
>>>
>>> I spoken with Chris Hawks and he mentioned once that he used dd to make
>>> an "image" of his CF card on his linux machine and then use toolshed to
>>> access individual disks in it. I've never tried it though.
>>>
>>> The Other Frank
>>
>>   Yeah, it's a real big PITA. If I can find an hour or 2 to rub
>> together, I'd like to add a few options to 'decb dir' and 'decb
>> copy'. -o (specify HDBDOS offset) and -d (drive number).
>>
>> decb dir -o 0x52ddc -d 15 (access drive 15 after the OS9 partition).
>
> That interface seems good (or at least "good enough") to me! :-)

	A quick look at the code (gotta spend some time with my better half, if I know
what's good for me), shows that decb does support a drive offset.

decb dir mydisks.dsk,:3  -  will show the directory of the 4th image in the
file (or hang if there isn't one). (0 is the first and default drive number.)

--
Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft