[Coco] Question about MPI behavior

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Tue Apr 17 11:44:14 EDT 2012

I have to admit I came along late when it came to attaching a floppy
to my coco and using an mpi. Not knowing any better I put the floppy
controller into slot one and never had any trouble with it.

Since I found that the convention is to put the floppy controller in slot
4 I've been putting the floppy controller into slot 4. I put my SuperIde into
slot 3 and after my machine loads hdb dos I switch the MPI to slot 4. I've
noticed that hdb dos "knows" where the superide is and has no problems with
this.

The Other Frank