[Coco] [off-topic] cabling problems

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 17 10:16:50 EDT 2012

On 17/04/2012 14:56, Paulo Lindoso wrote:
> I have changed plugs (cut the ends, re-wired with new RJ45), router and
> tested with a different computer to no avail... so I am really at a loss,
> here...
>
> Can any of the EEs in the "house" shed me some light or give me any hint?
>   Is there any other Ethernet limitation I am not aware?

Not an EE, but have some experience of Ethernet....what are the devices
that the cable it plugged into at either end ? If you are connecting two
hubs / switches and they don't do auto crossover, you may need to make a
crossover cable.

This http://www.iplocation.net/tools/rj45-wiring.php for example should
help to make things clearer.

Cheers.