[Coco] Drivewire VHD's

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 13:04:07 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Bill Pierce <ooogalapasooo at aol.com> wrote:

>I have to convert them to General Midi so they will play on most modern PCs through Drivewire. I know Aaron has provided Drivewire with filters for various midi keyboards, they still sound better when run straight GM.

To clarify, I have given Drivewire the ability to convert instruments
into GM on the fly, and provided some guesses at what filters for
various keyboards might want to use based solely on the descriptions
of their instruments in their manuals, which is definitely not going
to give great results.

These were just examples and were never meant to be final. I have
always hoped someone with access to the original instrument or better
information would improve them.  They are simple text found in the
config file, ready for anyone to make better, add new filters for your
own devices, tailored to your own taste, etc.

If you could simply change the filters to do the same mappings your
conversion does, then we could have dynamic and instant translation of
every song output from every program without having to convert
anything.

-Aaron