[Coco] Floppy weirdness

David Roper ebonhand09 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 05:16:04 EDT 2012

Hi All,

I've finally found space to hook my coco stuff back up

I'm trying to format some disks using DSKINI, however I think
something is going haywire somewhere

After issuing the command DSKINI 0 (or 1, same results either way) I
get the first drive access/seek/grind tone, and then nothing audible
except for the sound of the disk spinning. I've left it for a good 10
minutes and nothing appears to be happening

If I use DIR on any of my disks, I get the usual group of 3 or 4
access/seek/grind tones, but DSKINI only throws the one, and then
hangs

Any ideas on how I can further diagnose what's wrong, so I can get up
and running again?

- David