[Coco] Converting images to PMODE

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 21:52:42 EDT 2012

I don't know if such a thing exists, but if you're handy with just
about any language with a modern image library, it would be pretty
easy to write.

The PMODE type files are just the raw video memory with a standard 5
byte LOADM header and footer that sticks the content bytes into ram at
the right place.  Looking at a few examples from existing pmode files
should make it obvious how that works.  Depending on which pmode
you're targeting, you'll either have 1 or 2 bits per pixel, so just
use (fill in the blank with any library that reads modern formats and
returns an object/array to you) to get your source into a format you
can play with, then spit out a header and your best shot at turning X
colors into 2 or 4 with a fixed, sort of ugly palette :)

I could probably make such a thing if one doesn't already exist,  and
you're not up to writing it, and it would be handy.  its not much
work.
-Aaron