[Coco] The DOS command

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu Apr 12 12:10:41 EDT 2012

I seem to remember an article in Rainbow that had code to use the DOS command to load a program and run it using DOS.
The reason I ask about this is... I have the Pupo/Eagle keyboard interface. The system runs a simple program on Power-Up that gives a menu:

1) Run DOS for OS9 Lv 1
2) Run DOS for OS9 Lv 2
3) Exit To Basic
4) Run "*" for Basic
6) Run "*" for OS9
Option:

If you don't do anything, after 15 seconds, it runs option 2
Normally, that would be great. but I need to load "HDBDOS" from disk first. I tried the Run"*" routine and made a basic program to load HDBDOS  but it seems each of the above options loads a different keyboard configuration and the only one that really has the keys I need is option 2
If I had a routine on track 34 that would load HDBDOS and execute, My boot-up into Nitro/Drivewire would be automatic.

Does anyone know where a program is that will work for this? I would write one, but disk access in RSDOS M/L is not my cup of tea. I know DOS loads track 34 into address $2600 then EXECs $2602. Also I the first 2 bytes are "OS", hence the exec offset. Too bad HDBDOS won't fit on trk 34 :-)

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com