[Coco] High res joystick interface

David Lord d_lord at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 4 08:04:30 EDT 2012

The 0 to 63 is for a mouse/joystick without the Hires interface.  The 63 count max is because the CoCo D-A convertor is only 6 bits(0-63).  The hires interface works by timing a capacitor's charge time through the X or Y axis potentiometer in the mouse.  It is processor intensive compared to the 6 bit successive approximation used by the standard interface.