[Coco] width 40 in mn

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Tue Apr 3 13:34:47 EDT 2012

Robert Gault wrote:
> Earl Casper wrote:
>> It was based on my son's idea
>>

> I was just going to suggest the following:
>
> * define screens
> W32 EQU $F652
> W40 EQU $F65C
> W80 EQU $F679
>
> START JSR W40
> END START
>

>  From Basic you can just EXEC W40 as a substitute for WIDTH40.

For clarity, I should add that the above assumes more lines between the call to
W40 and the end of the program. If the last line is indeed the W40 call, it
should be
   JMP W40
Since the WIDTH routines are subroutines, they contain a final RTS. If you JMP
to such a routine, the RTS in the routine will return to Basic. If you want to
return to your own program, you need the JSR.