[Coco] Novel Commercial Uses of the Coco

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 30 17:52:36 EDT 2011

Today I received a box containing a Coco3 relabeled as a Thermopatch Label
Writer 401.  It came with a RomPack labeled the same, and a cable, which
probably connected the computer to an actual label maker of some sort.  The
RomPack shows a 1987 copyright by Thermopatch, but no other citations as for
author, etc.  The RomPack uses gold plated connectors, and is a snug fit
into the RomPack slot.

This unit is really cool to an all-things-Coco collector like me, but I was
wondering how many different non-Coco commercial uses were made of the Coco?
I can think of two others - the VideoTex unit and the blue Agrivision unit
both made from a Coco1, sort of.  Have there been quite a few others?  I
wonder how much of a market was there for the Thermopatch Label Writer, and
who actually wrote the software and burned it into a RomPack.

-Steve-