[Coco] VCF Program Installation Problem

john T Chasteen johnchasteen.2 at juno.com
Thu Sep 29 16:43:59 EDT 2011

Thanks Steve for your quick response. I don't plan on using this Tower PC
to go to the Internet. I have plenty (many many ) old programs that I
want to
play with that won't work on my 64 bit PC. I have Windows 98 installed
and I have win 98 SE but I lost the code. Some one may have win 98 SE
that they don't use. I just wanted the latest up date for win 98.

John

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 11:01:50 -0700 Steve Bjork <6809er at srbsoftware.com>
writes:
> That Pentium 1 CPU was release just under two decades old (1993) and
> is
> very low power.  Add the fact that Window 98 is no longer supported
> with
> security patches, putting windows 98 is not the best choice.
>
> Try running a small Linux kernel maybe the best use of that old of
> system.
>
> Or find someone that is getting rid of their old system.  Most
> likely it
> will be a newer CPU with a bit more power.
>
> Steve
>

> On 9/29/2011 10:22 AM, john T Chasteen wrote:
> > I am trying to restore an old (1999) PC Pentium 1 and am having
> > trouble installing Windows 98 SE. I am using windows 98 ok.
> > I lost the back of the CD Case but I wrote the installation code
> on the
> > CD but
> > I must have made a mistake. This is a legal copy.
> > Any suggestions of how to get around this trouble?
> >
> > Last resort. Does anyone have a copy I can borrow?
> >
> > John

"Life is like riding A bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep
moving"
Albert Einstein