[Coco] Was this advertisement "true"...?

Lothan lothan at newsguy.com
Tue Sep 27 23:08:09 EDT 2011

That's pure marketing smoke. The 26-3026 and 26-3027 models were identical
with the difference that the 26-3026 model included the Color BASIC ROM and
had a second socket so it could be upgraded to Extended Color BASIC while
the 26-3027 model included the Color BASIC and Extended Color BASIC ROMs.

The same was true of the 26-3134/A/B Color Computer 2 and the 26-3136/A/B
Color Computer 2. Both were identical but the 26-3134 had an empty socket*
for Extended Color BASIC ROM. *My memory is fuzzy here and the ROMs may not
have been socketed in the Korean models.

If I remember correctly, Radio Shack did sell the Extended Color BASIC
upgrade as a separate package for models that did not included it.