[Coco] [Color Computer] VCC Emulator - SwitchingWorkingDirectories

Sun Sep 4 15:11:06 EDT 2011

Hi,

The specific question is.

Is anyone producing "C" programs that result in 6309 instructions being
actually used.

Yes I have the 6309 patch for RMA, two versions, the second one will be
used.

Yes there is an option in "cc" to call r63 instead of rma.

----------------------------------

1) We have only a ipatch to covert rma to r63, if there are any problems it
would take a enormous amount of work to correct them as source code is not
available.

2) Test cases, are any of the test cases from the ipatch author available,
or any other test cases.

3) "cprep" has changed over the years, "cc" also "Ansifront has been
inserted along with optimization programs. It has been many years, I cannot
see a date in the ipatch file.

4) From the r63 readme:

> A note of caution should be interjected here. I have not
> really and thoroughly tested the new program.

> This program should be used with some degree of caution,
> being considered to be still in the testing stages, for a
> little while.

Again, if you are producing "C" programs with 6309 instructions, please tell
me.

Otherwise a note will me made that this has NOT been tested.

SHF