[Coco] How can you make permanent directory changes in OS-9 ml programs?

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Sun Sep 4 10:25:28 EDT 2011

Robert,

What you are asking (to assign a changed directory to the parent shell process) is not possible through ordinary means.  Extraordinary measures would have to be taken to communicate that information back to the parent process.

Such an extraordinary measure would be to (a) change the directory in the process using I$ChgDir, (b) find the process descriptor of that process in system RAM, (c) copy the P$DIO bytes in the process descriptor, (c) locate the parent's process descriptor, then (d) write the P$DIO bytes copied earlier into the parent's process descriptor at its P$DIO location.

Best Regards,
Boisy G. Pitre

Join our forums at http://www.tee-boy.com/forums/ to exchange ideas and join other WeatherSnoop enthusiasts.