[Coco] OT: 63B09

Louis Ciotti lciotti1 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 13:48:17 EDT 2011

I can across an NTE6809 processor and thought I would give it a try as a
replacement for the 63b09.  It has an identical Pinot so I figured it may
work.  I plug it in the socket, and I get nothing at all.  The external
clock (4mhz) crystal does not even work, which on the one I am trying to
replace does.  Is the IC bad, or is it a compatibility issue.

On Thursday, October 20, 2011, Louis Ciotti <lciotti1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Off topic, but since the CoCo uses 6809s, figured someone on here might
know about this.

> I have a radio controller from circa late 80s that uses a 63B09 that I
think may be bad.  What can I use in its place and is there a source?

> The problem I am seeing is RN6(Pins 24-31) has some "noise" on the line
and the waveform is not exactly square like the rest of the data lines when
observed with an oscilloscope.