[Coco] Announcement: CoCoBoot Project's first Alpha release

Brett Gordon beretta42 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 23:54:40 EDT 2011

> In addition to Steven's comments about the ../filename issues, the .dsk image
> has data starting in track 0 sector 1 but the directory is empty. As such, the
> disk is neither OS-9 nor Disk Basic.

My linux unzip complains, but ignores the "../" issues with the zip,
and dumps the HELP, COPYING, and README file into the unzip directory.
 I'll fix that up for the next release though!

The included ".dsk", is indeed neither a OS-9 or RSDOS disk.  It's a
"DOS" bootable disk though with the script "boot.fs", also included as
a separate file, is on the front part of the disk, which is readable
via a "0 0 bload" command from CoCoBoot. (or 1 0 bload, if using as a
DW disk.. see the help file).  I've included a "boot.bin" file in the
release that you can copy onto a disk image using "toolshed"'s DECB
utility, if you want a RSDOS disk. (I've disabled the RSDOS disk
build, in favor of testing, for the time being)

BTW: CoCoBoot is *not* MPI aware, yet.....

--
Brett M. Gordon,
beretta42 at gmail.com