[Coco] Announcement: CoCoBoot Project's first Alpha release

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Oct 11 23:45:12 EDT 2011

On Tuesday, October 11, 2011 11:44:03 PM Steven Hirsch did opine:

> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011, Brett Gordon wrote:
> > I have decided that my "CoCoBoot" project is complete enough for it's
> > first alpha release.
> >
> > CoCoBoot is an effort to modernize, and unify booting strategies for
> > the Tandy Color Computer.
> >
> > 1. Provides scripting to the end user to allow maximum flexibility
> >
> >   in creating new way to boot their CoCo.  This scripting ability
> >   is provided by a token threaded FORTH compiler.
> >
> > 2. Allows one boot loader to impliment the various different ways a
> >
> >   CoCo can boot: via the DOS, CLOADM, LOADM commands in BASIC, as
> >   well as BASIC's cartridge interrupt, and DECB's external ROM paths
> >   too.
> >
> > 3. Provides routines for accessing different disk-based hardware: FDC,
> >
> >   IDE, DriveWire, ROM.
> >
> > see the release's "HELP" file more more info:
> >
> > https://sourceforge.net/projects/cocoboot/
>
> Wow.  That looks like some nice work!
>
> FYI:  The zip file is a bit... odd.  The three text files are present
> with relative paths in the archive:
>
> ../README
> ../COPYING
> ../HELP
>
> The version of unzip on my Linux box doesn't seem to like that very
> much.
>
> Was this deliberate?
>
> Steve

Doubtful Steve.  There is unzip, and there is gunzip.  They do not appear
to be compatible with each others file structures.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
"An organization dries up if you don't challenge it with growth."
-- Mark Shepherd, former President and CEO of Texas Instruments