[Coco] stupid question about memory

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 07:14:01 EDT 2011

Probably best bet is to open it and check and tell on what the setup of the
RAM area looks like.

Found a "PEEK(116) 127=32k computer, 63=64k computer" on CoCo3.com but after
trying that on Mocha all I get is a 127. Don't have access to a real CoCo
until later today plus my books of peeks, pokes and interesting CoCo
routines to elaborate on this... I seem to recall the testing for 64k via
software being a little bit more than just taking a peek at a RAM location.

I tried the ROMRAM routine on Mocha as well, same 127 report via the peek
noted above. I have never had a 32k CoCo so I never experimented (just for
the sake of it) what would happen if one tries to ROMRAM that particular
amount of RAM o_0

-- RP