[Coco] coco for android.

John Musbach johnmusbach1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 10:33:40 EDT 2011

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 10:14 PM, Joel Ewy <jcewy at swbell.net> wrote:
> On 10/02/2011 02:42 PM, Richard Ivey wrote:
>>
>> has anyone created a coco emulator for Android?  I would love that.
>>
>> --
>>
> Not as far as I know.  But from what little I have read about the Android
> OS, it is meant to be programmed in Java, though it doesn't run Java
> bytecode.  So any existing Java code would at a minimum have to be
> re-compiled.  I believe there is, or has been, a CoCo emulator written in
> Java.  It might be possible to adapt that (if source code were available) to
> run on Android...  Pure speculation.

Also remember that in addition to recompilation, screen real-estate
and the change from a mouse and keyboard to a touchscreen interface
also have to be taken into account. So porting applications, while
possible and done before (e.g. Doom for iPhone), require additions and
modifications to the code in addition to recompilation.

--
Best Regards,

John Musbach