[Coco] Novel Commercial Uses of the Coco

mcnd96 at aol.com mcnd96 at aol.com
Mon Oct 3 00:17:27 EDT 2011

Hello,

I know that Canobie Lake park in Salem, NH used to have a video game room.  In a large area was a game where there were about 20 lanes where you roll a ball down the lane and try to get it into one of the holes to score points.  It was very similar to those you see at arcades or midways today.  In the center of the room was a control booth that would turn all the games on at once.  The person who scored the highest in a certian time would win.  I know they uses a CoCo to run the system.  I think it was a CoCo 2 but not sure.  It was connected to the game system via the serial (cassette) port.  I remember this as I was facinated as to how they got it all to work using a CoCo at the time.

David McNally