[Coco] Where to check for false information - Off Topic

James Hrubik jimhrubik at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 30 07:33:41 EST 2011

But take even the replies of snopes with a grain (or spoon, or cup)
of salt.
Occasionally their replies are more politically correct than
factually correct.   Same with :

http://www.factcheck.org/

Cross check with:

  http://www.truthorfiction.com/

Usually people sending chain emails do so without thinking.  They
believe they are performing a public service.
My general policy is the DEL key; I rarely forward anything that
looks like a chain email.

On Nov 30, 2011, at 12:53 AM, Arthur Flexser wrote:

> snopes.com
>
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 12:50 AM, Brian G
> <briang0671 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> Someone I know sends me stories that she believes as true and
>> wants me to
>> re-send them to help people I know.
>> The most recent is diet soda causing muscle weakness and nerve
>> damage. I
>> remember that one from about ten years ago.
>> So what are the web sites that investigate these stories and prove
>> them
>> right or wrong.
>> But don't add to the false stories.
>> Please reply direct to me.
>>
>> Thank You
>>
>> --
>> Brian Goers

Contrarian (def.) - A member of the Flat Earth Society who lives in
West Virginia.
  From the sayings of Grampa Jim, Copyright 2010.
Unauthorized use of my stuff may cause senility.