[Coco] 8 bitter coming home

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Mon Nov 28 09:29:32 EST 2011

Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 21:48:37 -0800
From: Timothy Keith<timothy.g.keith at gmail.com>

I joined the mailing list today.  I have owned a Coco from 1980, have
3 or 4 of them, but I have not used them for years.   I then enjoyed
the Coco for its technical elegance and simplicity, especially the
6809.
<snip>
I want to learn about hardware mods. I'm almost a newbie again.

Welcome "back" Tim! I'm no longer using a CoCo, but still have a couple and keep up with the list. You might want to start by dwonloading "Tandy's little Wonder" from the site archives (ftp://maltedmedia.com/coco/MAGAZINES/Tandy's Little Wonder/Cocobook-TLW2.pdf).

A couple years before I stopped using the CoCo I compiled a book of all the history, repair info, and most common mods I could find. Some of the schematics didn't duplicate well, but there's a lot of info all in one location. Worth printing out! I sold a few, then revised the book in 2006 and made it available as a PDF for free download. There is a copy of the original version at ftp://maltedmedia.com/coco/MAGAZINES/FARNA/Tandy's Little Wonder/LittleWonder.pdf

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"