[Coco] Survey of those using the two .vhd drive with MESS

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sat Nov 26 10:21:55 EST 2011

I'd like to know how many, if any, people have adopted Tvefoo's MESS patch to
have two vhd drives active at the same time. This is important because recent
changes to MESS code have invalidated the patch.

Nathan Woods (MESS team member) is looking at the possibility of adding that
functionality back into MESS but using a different approach. Instead of a new
I/O region at $FFE0-$FFE5, there would be a toggle at $FF86 to select alternate
vhd drives.
This change would need to be at least transparent to OS-9 EmuDsk and RGBDOS. We
can decide later, how to incorporate whatever Nathan works out into EmuDsk and
RGBDOS.

Please respond.

Robert