[Coco] Audio recording on CoCo

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Mon Nov 21 05:20:58 EST 2011

>I would like some advice on how to transfer LP music to CD.
> What equipment, software is needed? I have a turntable that I
> have not used in years, so starting from that, what do I need?
>
> Second question. Is it _possible_ to save music files on the CoCo and play
> them back and sound decent?
>
> --
> Brian Goers
> Vice President of Special Events

As other have said you need a PC (Or perhaps a Mac, but I have no hands on
time with Macs.) with a built-in or add-on sound card.  The slowest PC I had
any luck with was a 200 MHz Pentium MMX.  anything slower had problems
capturing and playing back in real time.

In short almost any 5 year old PC would suit the task.  The open source
cross platform Audacity software has track splitting, filtering and MP3
encodeing abilities.

Bruce W.