[Coco] Games that don't fit on floppies (was Super IDE vs. Drive Pak)

brian palmer tigers2roar at yahoo.com.au
Wed Nov 16 00:11:10 EST 2011

My opinion will be from a Gamers point of view.

I like the idea of Mass storage for new games being done, Especially if it means seeing new games with more levels and a lot more graphical detail employed :)

Imagine a New Graphical adventure game using the 256 color artifacts mode and this game having over a couple hundred scenes and Musical score and sound effects. I would buy either device if it means being able to play the games.
 Or games in general that use the normal documented modes, the increase in storage space will increase how many stages etc that will be included, I rather have a game that keeps me coming back as there will be still a stack of screens and levels to be completed.

As for the debate about if it does not fit on floppies etc, who cares. You tell me say in 5 yrs time if u will be able to even find a FDC or drives that still work and at a good price lolz, let alone even be able to find floppies to hold your games or apps on. "No"  Time that debate was buried and people started embracing the newer mass storage options on offer now.

That's my whole $1 Aussie dollars worth :D

laters

Briza