[Coco] Super IDE vs. Drive Pak

Brian Blake random.rodder at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 20:35:35 EST 2011

On 11/15/2011 8:24 PM, Mark Ormond wrote:
> Which is easier to use (not to setup?)

That's purely subjective and dependent on the person using it; I use the
DrivePak more because I'm in RSDOS far more than I'm in NitrOS-9.

But it also starts getting into the comparisons of CoCoNet vs. HDB-DOS.
There are some things that CoCoNet does not do well yet; an example
would be using multi-disk games or apps since there's no way to change
the disk AFAIK (Roger may be working on addressing this, I don't know).
Aaron's DW4 server is excellent in this capacity as it makes it really
easy to change disk images, as well as add lots of functionality.

Either way, both devices make use of disk image files via virtual disks.
There's gonna be a learning curve. If one is familiar with RSDOS, either
product is simple enough to use.

-----Original Message----- From: coco-bounces at maltedmedia.com
[mailto:coco-bounces at maltedmedia.com] On Behalf Of Brian Blake Sent:
Tuesday, November 15, 2011 7:40 PM To: CoCoList for Color Computer