[Coco] SVideo ?

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Mon Nov 14 06:03:59 EST 2011

S-video won't work directly from a CoCo. The best you can do is composite output, which requires an adapter (unless you have one of those rare school model CC1s, I don't recall if RS made a CC2 for the network controller). Some of the non-Us models had composite built in, maybe the UK models? I think the Aussie models did.

What kind of cable are you using? The best I ever got from a CC2 was by using a cable TV cable instead of the composite cable that came with it. You can get a cable (forget the connector name off hand!) to RCA jack adapter for the CoCo side, then just screw into the cable TV input on the TV. That's about as good as composite -- the heavy shielded cable works wonders! You could try that with your composite output, use the RCA adapter on both ends of the cable. Should improve quality a little.

Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 21:50:39 +0000
From: Phill Harvey-Smith<afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk>

Has anyone managed to generate svideo from a CoCo 1/2 as I wat to try
and improve  on the composite video output I'm using currently.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"