[Coco] Shhh

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 10:21:58 EST 2011

On Sat, 12 Nov 2011, Joel Ewy wrote:

>> FWIW, the *buntu lists are full of folks who can't make email work till the
>> install thunderbird.  Here, I'm a kmail fan, but the old, pre-4.7 version.
>>

> I try to stick mostly to LTS releases myself.  Not sure they're any better
> tested, but I don't feel like upgrading every six months.

Amen.  With every year, release QC just gets sloppier and sloppier.  All
the distros are equally guilty from what I see.  Way too much emphasis on
continual reinvention of poorly-conceived desktop environments and
correspondingly little on arcane aspects such as, you know, making sure
basic system functionality is there?

Steve