[Coco] HP64000 was Re: LIF util for OS-9?

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Thu Nov 3 20:05:14 EDT 2011

On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 08:27:22AM -0400, Steven Hirsch wrote:
> FYI: If you can find an IEEE-488 hard disk from a newer HP instrumentation
> computer (forget what those white rack-mounted systems are called), they
> work fine with the 64000 and use more recent 5.25" drive mechanisms.

Yeah, I've read about that.  Even tried it once, but it didn't work.
OTOH I had an older version of the OS that didn't support the HP91xx
drive boxes, but the HP Museum cured that. :-)

> There's also some sort of IEEE hard drive emulator that uses a PC parallel
> port.  Don't know any details.

HPDrive works if you have a compatible IEEE-488 card in the PC.  I
don't know about the latest IEEE standard PC parallel ports, they
might be able to emulate GPIB.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA