[Coco] root.r

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Thu Nov 3 15:29:47 EDT 2011

On 11/03/2011 01:12 AM, Willard Goosey wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 10:02:04PM -0500, Joel Ewy wrote:
>> Hmm.  I wonder if assembling root.a myself will result in a relocatable
>> file that will make view happy.  I'm getting some unresolved references
>> using Gene's copy of root.r.  One of them is a reference in root.r to
>> F$EXIT.  That's just an ordinary system call, no?  I'll have to try
>> making the stuff in the SOURCES directory tomorrow.
> It sounds like root.r wants to be linked against the Development
> System's sys.l (which is completely different from the sys library
> included with the C compiler).
>
> Willard
Hmm.   I haven't checked the docs (in the last 20 years) but it appears
that RMA is case sensitive, and the distributed root.a is faulty.  The
unresolved reference was to F$EXIT, while OS9Defs.a defines F$Exit.
That problem solved, view.l refers to 'keywait' and 'SetSig', and I need
to figure out where those are supposed to come from.

JCE